“Faith, in the sense in which I am here using the word, is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods.” – C.S. Lewis sgrfieldbook.wordpress.com #SGRFieldbook
“I will act now. I will act now. I will act now.
Henceforth, I will repeat these words each hour, each day, everyday, until the words become as much a habit as my breathing, and the action which follows becomes as instinctive as the blinking of my eyelids.
With these words I can condition my mind to perform every action necessary for my success. I will act now. I will repeat these words again and again and again.
I will walk where failures fear to walk. I will work when failures seek rest. I will act now for now is all I have. Tomorrow is the day reserved for the labor of the lazy. I am not lazy. Tomorrow is the day when the failure will succeed. I am not a failure. I will act now. Success will not wait. If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am the person.”
― Og Mandino
The full grown modern human is conscious f touching the highest pinnacle of fulfillment…when he is consumed in the service of an idea, in the conquest of the goal pursued. – Robert Briffault
Too many are defined by their past rather than refined by it. – SGRFieldbook sgrfieldbook.com
To become rich, I am learning to be refined by my past experiences by:
- Taking stock daily of my memorable past experiences – both pleasant and not so pleasant ones.
- Relish good memories. Be always grateful for those wonderful past experiences!
- Reframe and understand the no so pleasant past experiences.
Take a moment to ask: what did I learn from them; how could I respond differently in the future; how can I correct the outcome; and how can the experience make me a better and stronger person today? Then, be grateful for those experience too – since they too are good and the wisdom they provide are invaluable stepping stones to a richer me.
“I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” – Thoreau
The Secret of Life is that I (and every person in every country) have every reason to run with confidence towards our dreams. All we need do is to clearly and concretely write down precisely what I want, because:
- The Invisible Supply is Limitless: There is enough stuff to go around so that anyone can attest their finest desires. Everything on earth is made from one original substance, out of which all things proceed. New forms are constantly being made and older ones are dissolving, but all are shapes assumed by One thing. The entire universe is made of this stuff!
- Opportunity cannot be Monopolized: There is an abundance of opportunity. I just need to learn to raise my awareness of the infinite opportunities available to me. Have you ever noticed that when you buy a new car, it seems that there are more on them on the highway. If I bought a diamond white silver Mercedes SUV, I will probably notice more of them on the road. It is not because the quantity of these cars has increased miraculously overnight since I bought mine. Rather, I am just more aware of the car now that I have one. And so it is with opportunity. As I look for opportunity, I find not just one but many opportunities to get rich.
- Opportunity lives where I live: There is no need to move to find opportunity. I look around and they find me.
- Opportunity can be converted to Riches: In the SGR, the author shows us that all we need to do is think about what we want and act on it with passion and purpose. Walk in the directions of your dreams, and riches will follow.
No man,therefore, is poor because nature is poor, or because there is not enough to go around. – Wallace D. Wattles
As part of Experiment #1, I am actively working to impress these ideas on my mind and take them as irrefutable truths so that I too can begin to think richly – in that Certain Way.